Looking for prints?

Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Binge Drinking: A Celebration

The noble art of binge drinking has been getting something of a bad press lately.

If you were to believe everything you read, you might be forgiven for thinking that finding oneself properly toasted once in a while was not in any way fun, glamorous or exciting.

In reality of course, a "TEEN VODKA EPIDEMIC" with "thousands of middle class girls drinking themselves senseless" sounds nothing short of absolutely brilliant. The only cause for concern is that I haven't yet been invited.

So, this picture is a celebration and a salute. To lust, and life, and liquor. And to the fact that Greggs the Bakers is now open until 4am.

Merry Christmas.
And please, drink irresponsibly.

8 comments:

  1. great stuff dan, that looks like a book I'd read! I thought this blog had been abandoned! Good to see some new art from you, although I'm going to pretend I didn't see what's in that handbag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not abandoned - just been very busy and slow! I decided to draw this without any photo ref for the figures in an effort to learn anatomy, so it took a hell of a lot longer than it would have done otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite :) You're forgetting of course all the time spent researching this complex subject (the drinking, not the anatomy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty nice, but the gross parts kinda ruin it for me. But then, I never liked jokes about our precious bodily fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just the messenger, buddy - this is gritty social realism as I'm sure you'll appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A late night Greggs? Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, nothing like a cheese and onion pasty to end a night out in style!

    ReplyDelete